Saturday, April 16, 2005

Quitting Smoking is Easy . . .

¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than fighting cancer.

¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than breathing through tubes up your nose.

¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than having a Tracheostomy.

¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than losing your vision (AMD).

¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than COPD.

¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than your child seeing you die from cancer.

¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than losing a friend . . . or a friend losing you.

¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than hearing your doctor say, "Im sorry . . ."

¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than laying in the hospital having radiation treatment.

¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than laying in the hospital wishing you could feel the sun.

¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than listening to your loved ones crying outside your hospital room.

¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than preparing for your funeral because the cancer has gone so far.

¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than picking out your favorite songs for your funeral.

¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than trying to say the right words because they will be your last.

¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than not seeing your child's face because of blindness.

¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than looking out the window knowing you can't go there anymore.

¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than changing your retirement plans.

¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than imagining your spouse being alone.

¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than going through your photo album with tears.

¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than telling your child you are dying young because you smoked.

¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than realizing smoking was more important to you than your life.


¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ Easier than dying ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤


Sound harsh? . . . good . . . because my words pale in comparison to the possible reality. Quit smoking . . . start living . . .

This post is courtacy of Peter (Peter_is_in), Quitnet member.
www.petersdesk.com/Breakaway

14 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger 2 Second Club ® said...

I'm glad you're still holding back your horses, keep it up :)

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Peach said...

You know it master Don you know it ;)

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Jewaira said...

Good for you Peach ;) You're doing a great job

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

You want to smoke and you think of it all the time, that is why you keep posting posts on smoking :) admit it! come back to the dark side, come to the smoking side, come join us my child.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Muhammad Aladdin said...

yea...sure!

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Peach said...

Jewaira, Thanks hon I feel great ;)

Purgy you’re just jealous ;p

Al, Yes I am Sure I’ve been there and done that. I know what’s it’s like to be a stinky smoker with a tight chest, a dark face, on the edge of my nerves all the time & wanting that stinky cancer stick every time some one says Boo! And now el 7amdilla I also know what it’s like to be a healthy lovely smelling non-smoker with more exercise capacity, clearer skin, taking deep breaths and being high on life sun up to sun down. I never felt more alive! Step into the light my child ;) Purg that goes for u too ;p

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Jelly Belly said...

Peach I ran out of cigarettes 2 days ago and I said to myself I'm not gonna buy a new pack...so far I haven't but oh my god I'm dying to smoke :(

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Peach said...

Hey 307 ;) wassup ma man! I’m glad I could give you some inspiration. I’m sorry your first attempts didn’t go on but so what, your still trying right! ;) We can do this. We can kick that nicodemon’s butt and lick our addictions. Yes we can, Yes we can ;) Put your hand in mine hon cuz we’re in for a bumpy ride ;)

Jelly Bean my sweet, my love, my life, my everything!!!! 2 days!! Wooohooo!! I am sooo proud of you, hang in there hon at least until day 4, day 4 is the toughest and after that, it a piece of cake .. come on JB you can do this! ;) when are u on msn hon? I think u’re in need of some direct support lol

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Anti_Reason said...

P.; This is a great list! It should be developed into an anti-smoking campaign - lets search for some appropriate pictures to go with each item on the list - the horror, the horror!

J_B;
I add my voice to P.s: I’m so proud of you! Keep going, you are strong and you can do it, and remember all of us who support you!

(on the road again!)

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Peach said...

Why that's a great idea! yalla foga I'm in NEED of doing something about this!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

I am not jealous, but I refuse to let you get to the side of the quitters, I will bring you back to our side one way or another. :P

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Peach said...

Bring it on master of the dark side. Bring it on ;p

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger Hopeless Poet said...

I smoked twice this week!
In my new work I am surrounded by friends who smoke and I get tempted easily!..I hope I don't turn to be a smoker :P

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Peach said...

Come On Hoplesss P, Are u planning on suffocating me in my grave? It's not a game hon, be gratefull you never were a smoker & don't tamper with fire. Stay with flowers. They suit you better ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home